Thursday, January 6, 2011

Warning Label

One of my many goals this year is to not only write more but to share my work and thoughts with others.  Something I definitely don't do EVER, especially my personal work.  I'm not sure why that's really the case especially since writing is something I want to pursue with my life.  It's not really the criticism, I can deal with that, but more so putting my thoughts and heart out there for everyone to know and read.  Making myself that vulnerable is definitely not a situation I put myself into that often.
    I write for many different reasons: to release things that are bottled up inside me, to escape from reality and get lost in my thoughts and imagination, to remember important memories in my life that have played a significant role in the making of me.  And I hold on to them knowing that someday I want someone to read them, whether it be my future children, my muse for the piece, or some random stranger who finds it in an old dresser drawer.  If I want someone to read them eventually why hide them all until that point.
    While I'm doing this mostly for myself, I hope that some of you (or the one person that might actually read any of theses) can take something away from this.  Whether it be motivation to write yourself, inspiration to do better things, or even just reassured that you're not alone in this crazy fucked up world we call life.
    Again these are my stories and my thoughts so if you're offended don't bother telling me about cause I'm not going to apologize for the way I feel.  So please read at your own risk.  As for the rest of you I hope you enjoy this future journey through my mind and my life.  It's a pretty crazy place sometimes but at least it'll make good reading material.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete