Monday, January 10, 2011

A Walk In The Park

This is my first "Sunday Scribbling" and I am so excited to be a part of this new little creative community.  I love to see the methods to other writer's madness.  I hope you all enjoy and i look forward to the many weeks that follow.

     There are no cell phones here.  No taunting deadlines.  No bills due.  No new Facebook notifications.  No feeling pulled in every direction.  There is none of that here.  It's been along time since I've found myself walking around looking as owner's throw  frisbee's with their dogs,  parents pushing their children on swings, lover's caressing their partner's face as they sit on a blanket. 
       I found my way over to the little bench that sits along the pond. I come here when I feel the weight of the world suffocating me.  I tend to get so caught up in this routine everyday that I often forget that I'm human, that there's more going on in this world then just what goes on in this tiny little bubble of mine.  I watch the wind ripple over the water and feel it against my skin.  The goosebumps, I am alive after all.
       I've been out of touch with everything and everyone in my life as of lately.  My relationship feels that it only exist because its the right thing.  My friendships are all on their own teeter-totters and they could tip either way.  My job hasn't been going well I find myself making less and less money each week partially because business isn't well and because I don't care to be there.  I've lost the motivation to do just about everything.  I'm blinded by the future something that I once felt confident in but now my future will soon consist of two and now everything is fuzzy and unpredictable.  From all sides I'm being infiltrated losing all my control.  This, this place is my only escape, I can breathe here.
        I sit here until all the stress, the pain, the worries inside of me subsides and I finally feel in control again.  I've been through worse scenarios and made it through just fine.  Sometimes we just have to breathe and feel the wind.  I get up and begin walking down the path I came, this time with a clearer head. 
        All around I see others doing the same thing.  The jogger, the artist drawing in their sketchpad, the pet owners, the lover's, this is their place to just breathe. We look to so many different ways to relieve stress and to cope with our problems;  medicine, drugs, therapy.  When sometimes all you need is that simple walk through the park to feel confident and reassured that you got this all under control.


       

3 comments:

  1. Finding a place to "just breathe" is essential to our well-being. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one that feels overwhelmed by daily life. Welcome to Sunday Scribblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club! Any park could be that antidote for all ills couldn't it? Whether it is one filled with activity or one that is a nature reserve where you can contemplate life untarnished by others and just watch and listen to mother nature doing her job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete