Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1,986 miles

There was only ever him
I searched and searched to fill the gap
There had to be another
Maybe even better
But no one could compare
Not even in the slightest
And soon he would reappear

Year after year I waited
This wasn't the kind of love you rush
So innocent and perfect
The kind that fairy tales were made of
Two souls so strong
That even fate would hesitate

All the hype, the built up tension
Twelve years comes with high expectations
Perhaps you would find a bit of perfection in me
And the Happily Ever After
Wouldn't be so make believe

The desire, the infatuation
Nothing could hold us back
The last two pieces of the puzzle
Connecting so easily
The seconds ticked by like hours
The hours ticked by like seconds

The last grain of sand fell through
And fate came to grab both our hands
Deep inside we knew
That this wasn't our time
Not quite yet

1,986 miles you went
In search of something more
I know you'll find what you're looking for

1,986 miles she went
She seems as lovely as could be
Maybe even better
But no one could compare
Not even in the slightest
There was only ever me

Maybe, someday
I will reappear.

2 comments: