Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Bid Thee Adieu 2010

I started out 2010 unsure about myself and the life I wanted.  A few months previous my 4 year relationship had ended leaving me lost and not knowing what to do next.  When you're part of something that big for that long you tend to lose yourself and your identity.  Every action, every thought, every plan was for the two of us and for the first time I only had to think for myself and while that opened up a huge array of opportunities I didn't know how to do that.  Now I was just Tara and I wasn't even sure who that was.
    I had a lot of hopes and goals for myself (spoiler alert: hardly any of them were accomplished).  This was going to be my year.  Although I was on the right path of thinking what I didn't realize was how much I needed to learn and go through to prepare me first before I could really move on.  I don't really want to go into all the unfortunate things that I had to go through in order to realize and change certain things, or appreciate and embrace the moments and people that surround me.  But out of it all I realized how strong of a person I am.  That when my whole world kept falling apart piece by piece that I stood there taking it and tried to find a way to grow from it.  To understand that life's misfortunes come to you for a reason and that you're never given more than you can handle.
   While I didn't get to do a lot of the things I wanted at the end I found me and came out a much better person at the end of the year than when I had started it.  Now I can go back to the hopes and goals I had a year ago and they might mean something more this time around.  2010 thank you I suppose, but I'm glad your gone. 2011 let's do the damn thing.

1 comment: